Exploring The Government Market For Your Small Business
Format: Live webinar
Duration: Approx. 90 minutes
Trainer: Carroll Bernard
NCMA Certifications: 1.5 CPEs
APTAC CPP Certification: pending
Gain an understanding of how your business can grow and diversify by tapping into the world’s largest and most recession-proof marketplace.
This workshop provides a “Big Picture” view of how small businesses can take advantage of and benefit from government market opportunities.
After this training, you will
- Grasp the size of the government marketplace, define government market opportunities, and understand how they vary by size, industry, complexity, and agency.
- Determine if government market opportunities are right for your small business.
- Assess your strengths and weakness that will either help or hinder as you enter the government marketplace.
- Understand the “Big Picture” of the Government marketplace, why many small businesses fail, and how you can succeed.
- Leverage thousands of dollars in free resources to help you succeed and know how to steer clear of common pitfalls.
- Avoid wasting precious time in pursuit of government market opportunities.
- Understand the importance of having a government market mastermind alliance and how to build one.
- Dispell common myths and misconceptions about the government marketplace, and make your decisions based on facts.
Target Audience: Small businesses interested in diversifying through government market opportunities
Meet Your Trainer:
CARROLL BERNARD, Govology Co-Founder
As a coach and trainer in the government marketplace, Carroll offers a unique 360-degree perspective. Over the last 15 years, he has served as a Supply Officer in the acquisition community of the U.S. Navy, a Procurement Specialist for the City of Vancouver, Washington, and a Contracting Officer at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. In addition to his experience in government procurement, he has also provided mentorship, counseling, and training to thousands of small businesses seeking government contracts as a counselor in the Procurement Technical Assistance Program, an SBA Business Opportunity Specialist, and an independent coach, consultant, and trainer. Carroll is also a seasoned entrepreneur and has successfully built his own business through government market opportunities. He works collaboratively with non-profits and government entities who share his mission of supporting the small business community. These partnerships include Procurement Technical Assistance Centers, Small Business Development Centers, SCORE, Women Business Centers, and Veterans Business Outreach Centers to name a few.