The Federal Acquisition Regulation 101 (2021 Update)
Format: Live webinar (on-demand recording available on February 25, 2021)
Duration: Approx. 90 minutes
Instructor: Steven Koprince
NCMA Certifications: 1.5 CPEs
APTAC Certifications: 0.75 ATC
APTAC BOK: C.1.1 Federal Acquisition Regulations (Core); C.1.2 Other than FAR (Elective)
*Your registration includes access to the on-demand recording.
For any small business pursuing and performing work on federal projects, understanding the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is an absolute must — not only from a compliance perspective but also from cost and performance perspectives. As such, understanding the FAR will help you stay profitable and manage your performance as well as the performance of sub-contractors.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this webinar:
- The most important sections of the FAR for small businesses;
- How to navigate the FAR;
- How to access and navigate the FAR supplements such as the DFARS, VAAR, or other agency-specific supplements;
- The finer details of the FAR, such as the difference between provisions, prescriptions, and clauses;
- The anatomy of the FAR, the meaning of “incorporated by reference,” and how to find those references;
- When you must incorporate a FAR provision in a subcontract or independent contractor agreement, and how to “flow-down” FAR provisions.
Target Audience: Small businesses pursuing federal government opportunities
Meet Your Instructor:
Steven Koprince, Senior Partner at Koprince Law LLC
Steven Koprince is the founder of Koprince Law LLC and a Senior Partner with the firm. Steven’s legal practice is devoted exclusively to helping clients achieve their federal government contracting goals. Steven is the author of The Small-Business Guide to Government Contracts (AMACOM Books, 2012) and his articles have appeared in several leading industry and legal publications, including Contract Management Magazine and The Procurement Lawyer. Steven has spoken to audiences across the country on government contracting topics and is a regular presenter with Govology. A graduate of Duke University and the Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William & Mary, Steven lives in Indian Harbour Beach, Florida, with his wife and two children. Steven can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 785-200-8919.