Without market research, many business professionals who play a marketing or sales role in their company enter the federal marketplace blindfolded. This often results in their inability to see the big picture, forecast opportunities, develop and execute an advanced capture plan, and find and connect with the right strategic partners.
This course will show sales and marketing professionals working for government contractors how to easily conduct market research on the federal marketplace using free tools provided by the Government so that they can take off the blindfold, stop wasting time, and start winning business. With the ability to research, forecast, and execute a strategic capture plan with the right partners, they will help their companies to gain a significant competitive advantage and move quickly and efficiently toward achieving their federal market goals.
Here is what you will learn:
• Why market research can be a real game changer for small businesses.
• What free market research tools are available, where to find them, and how to use them.
• How to identify your top target agencies.
• What agencies are spending the most dollars in set-asides related to your small business.
• Which of your relevant NAICS codes get the most dollars.
• How to identify your top competitors.
• How to find potential mentors, or teaming and Joint Venture Partners.
• How to find multi-year contracts, and when they will be competed again.
Specific tools and resources you will learn how to find and use include:
- The USA Spending Database
- The Federal Procurement Data System
- GSA’s E-Library and Schedule Sales Query Tool
- Agency Forecast of Contract Opportunities Websites
- Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables
- Agency Small Business Websites (including regional small business advocates)
- The Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Agency Counsel Website
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s website
After completing this training, you will have the tools and knowledge needed to find what you are looking for, download data sets, and use pivot tables to analyze historical spend data to gain strategic insights tailored to your niche.
Requirements/ Prerequisites: None
Target Audience: Business owners, marketing, and sales professionals who seek to capture federal market opportunities for their company.