If you are new to government contracting, or perhaps you have been actively pursuing government market opportunities but haven’t yet reached your goals, this course may be just the information you need to make it happen in 2017. In this course, former federal Contracting Officer and PTAC Counselor, now Govology.com co-founder will share observations, best practices, and practical advice gained through working directly with hundreds of small businesses over the last 5 years, as well as pursuing opportunities for his own small business. Specific topic areas to be covered in this course include:
- Top reasons why small businesses fail in the government marketplace.
- Characteristics, processes, and strategies that help small businesses achieve success in the government marketplace.
- Understanding the government’s procurement channels, where your small business fits best, and how to get there.
- Determining the right time to commit your resources to government market pursuits.
- Recruiting and training a winning/ high performing team both internally and externally.
- Finding support, mentors, and experts that can help you along the way.
- Understanding common pitfalls, and how to avoid them.
Understanding and applying the information from this course will help you be more successful (likely in a shorter time frame), and help you prevent many of the headaches, frustrations, and difficult lessons learned the hard way by thousands of contractors each year.
Target Audience: Small business owners, CEOs, business development managers