What in the world is CMMC, and why should we care?
CMMC stands for Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification. The Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition & Sustainment has stated on its website, “The CMMC will encompass multiple maturity levels that range from ‘Basic Cybersecurity Hygiene’ to ‘Advanced/Progressive.’ The intent is to incorporate CMMC into Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and use it as a requirement for contract award.”
The CMMC is not optional – going forward, the government will require all government contractors to obtain their CMMC.
In this webinar, Dr. John W. Horn will help you understand how you can obtain basic cyber hygiene through the CMMC verification mechanism to ensure appropriate levels of cybersecurity practices and processes are in place.
This 90-minute session includes discussion and examples of:
- CMMC definition and overview
- Why CMMC is needed
- How CMMC relates to your business
- Defining Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)
- How to Identify and control CUI
- Introduction to CMMC levels and domains
- Applying Controls, Capabilities, and Practices within your organization
- Strategies to obtain certification
- Deciding if certification is worth the effort
- Preparing for CMMC on your own
- Preparing for CMMC using vendors’ products and services
- Ongoing strategy for the Maturity of your environment