Do you want to gain more business with the federal government in a shorter amount of time while saving money, and making the most effective use of your marketing and sales resources?
Then don’t miss this course, which will show you how to conduct market research using some of the most powerful FREE market research tools made available by the U.S. Government. These tools will provide you with information to make better decisions in pursuit of federal market opportunities.
One great benefit of doing business with the federal government is free access to government market data. Due to regulations on transparency and accountability, the government maintains a couple of databases on historical spend, which contain a treasure trove of data if you know how to use them. In this course we dive into the Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS) and provide an overview of USASPENDING.GOV. Through these two publicly available databases you will gain answers to questions such as:
- Does the government buy what you sell?
- What are the top agencies you should target given your geographic service area?
- What is the size of the federal market relative to your industry and your business?
- Who are your primary competitors?
- Who are your potential partners?
- How do you identify spending patterns via large multi-year contract vehicles?
You will also learn how to export data into Excel and use a pivot table to organize the data into an easy to read format. We wrap up with additional resources that can help you in your market research efforts.