This course provides an overview of the two dominant domestic preference statutes in federal procurement: the Buy American Act and the Trade Agreements Act. We discuss the requirements and key exceptions that dictate how these statutes operate in practice. We also address the Build America, Buy America Act, which dictates sourcing requirements for federally-funded infrastructure projects.
Specifically, you will learn the following:
- When the Buy American Act and Trade Agreements Act apply to federal procurements
- The requirements of the Buy American Act, including recent updates
- Proposal evaluation when the Buy American Act applies
- The requirements of the Trade Agreements Act and the concept of substantial transformation
- The Buy America requirements that apply to federally-funded infrastructure projects, including those in the recent Build America, Buy America Act
Target Audience: Business owners, contract managers, project managers