The federal construction market ranks as one of the top opportunities for small businesses by dollars spent annually and by the percentage of work contracted directly with small businesses, averaging nearly 50% in many states. In this course, you will learn about the billions of dollars spent by the federal government on construction projects each year, how to assess the size of the market in your state, and things you should understand when stepping into this lucrative but sometimes complex and challenging marketplace. We will also discuss how recent legislative changes have been a game-changer for small businesses pursuing construction contracts through teaming and joint venture structures.
You will also learn:
- How the federal marketplace differs in many ways from City, County, and other local procurements for construction services.
- The benefits and the challenges unique to the federal construction marketplace.
- The critical importance of understanding the big picture of the federal construction market and how to position to win.
- The primary steps you must take to win federal construction contracts.
- Mistakes to avoid as a new contractor entering the federal marketplace.
- Where to find additional education and other support resources to help you succeed in your pursuits.
After completing this training, you will have a better understanding of the big picture of federal construction contracting and what you must do to win contracts, both large and small.
Target Audience: Construction companies seeking federal contracting opportunities