For any small business pursuing and performing work on federal projects, understanding the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is an absolute must — not only from a compliance perspective but also from cost and performance perspectives. As such, understanding the FAR will help you stay profitable and manage your performance as well as the performance of sub-contractors.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this course:
- The most important sections of the FAR for small businesses;
- How to navigate the FAR;
- How to access and navigate the FAR supplements such as the DFARS, VAAR, or other agency-specific supplements;
- The finer details of the FAR, such as the difference between provisions, prescriptions, and clauses;
- The anatomy of the FAR, the meaning of “incorporated by reference,” and how to find those references;
- When you must incorporate a FAR provision in a subcontract or independent contractor agreement, and how to “flow-down” FAR provisions.
Target Audience: Small businesses pursuing federal government opportunities