In this course, former federal buyer Carroll Bernard will provide tips and techniques to help small business owners understand how to conduct basic market research to get the critical information they need to support selling to some of America’s largest buyers. In addition, this training includes a discussion on doing business with large corporations and prime contractors, state and local agencies, as well as the U.S. Federal Government (the world’s largest buyer).
After watching this training, you will:
- Understand the “Big Picture” of the Government Marketplace, including a breakdown of how money flows from government agencies to small businesses.
- Discover how large corporations and prime contractors are working to support and maximize opportunities for small businesses.
- Learn how simple web searches can answer many questions small businesses may have when doing business with large buyers.
- Know how to identify your MVP (most valuable person or people) within a large corporation, prime contractor, or government agency with who you’d like to sell.
- Learn how to use qualitative market research techniques and ask great questions that build relationships and make sales easier.
In addition, Mr. Bernard will explain how to find relevant NAICS codes and commodity codes used by large buyers and illustrate how a few simple searches of historical spend data in USASPENDING.GOV will help you find your target government agencies and prime contractors.
Target Audience: Small business owners interested in selling to corporate and government buyers